stat

Sunday, February 10, 2008

REALIZATION. LIBERALS DO HATE AMERICA!

EVAN SAYET

I call myself a 9/13 Republican. I grew up a liberal New York Jew; you don't get much more liberal than that--although it was lower-case "l," not what's considered Liberal today.

I graduated from high school knowing only one thing about politics: that Democrats are good and Republicans are evil. I tell a story. It's not a true story, but it helps crys­tallize my thinking that brought me to become a conservative.

I say: Imagine being in a restaurant with an old friend, and you're catching up, and suddenly he blurts out, "I hate my wife."

You chuckle to yourself because he says it every time you're together, and you know he doesn't hate his wife; they've been together for 35 years.

He loves his daughters, and they're just like her. No, he doesn't hate his wife. So you're having dinner, and you look out the window and spot his wife, and she's being beaten up right outside the restaurant.

You grab your friend and say, "Come on, let's help her. Let's help your wife," and he says, "Nah, I'm sure she deserves it."

At that moment, it dawns on you: He really does hate his wife.

That's what 9/11 was to me. For years and years I'd hear my friends from the Left say how evil and horrible and racist and imperialistic and oppressive America is, and I'd chuckle to myself and think, "Oh, they always say that; they love America."

Then on 9/11, we were beaten up, and when I grabbed them by the collar, and I said, "Come on, let's help her. Let's help America," and they said, "Nah, she deserves it." At that moment, I realized: They really do hate America.

CLICK ON LINK TO READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE (worth the read)

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Thought/hl1020.cfm

No comments: